Friday, December 3, 2010

Peanut Butter and Prune Sandwich

Good evening! Today's post follows a delicious dinner that I found from "Carrot's N'Cake," but I made a few alterations to the original recipe. It originally called for walnuts and dried apricots, but instead I used dried prunes and chopped pecans and peanuts. It was gooey and yummy, totally filling. Since my camera doesn't have a cord for me to put pictures on my computer, you all will have to settle for a Macbook iPhoto :)


Notice the baggy sweatshirt. It's my Dad's and is super comfy! My version of this delicious recipe called for the following:

4 sliced prunes
2 tbsp. chopped peanuts/pecans
2 tbsp. raisins
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter

I then smeared it on two slices of whole wheat bread and put it in the oven on 300 for 15 minutes or so, or as long as it takes to brown. It was gooey, sticky and YUMMY. It will keep me full for the rest of the night, though I am craving some beets right about now.

Alas, I think I may not get a workout in this evening. It is nearly 9:30 and I still have three loads of laundry, a grocery trip to make and a kitchen full of dishes I have to wash IN THE BATHTUB because our sink and dishwasher is frozen. What a fun Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment