Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Black Bean and Pineapple Enchiladas

Hello everyone! This morning is a bit overcast and dreary. Blurg. But at least it isn't direly cold out! Today I am at the Center again for the day, breaking up routine a bit with a meeting with the Chamber regarding some new developments in South Omaha. I am really enjoying my Americorps work so far. I have lined up some presentations and speaking opportunities, as well as started interviewing interns for a spring project. It feels great to have a purpose! And of course, my favorite part of the day, BodyPump at 5:30! :)

Last night I had a Listening Project training in the evening that would have made it difficult to get from kickboxing to downtown in time. So I went to a spinning class at 24 Hour Fitness over lunch instead. I LOVE getting my workouts done over the noon hour! Early mornings just aren't my thing, as much as I want them to be, I can't get over my hatred of getting up early. And it was nice to not battle traffic during rush hour. It was a nice change of fitness pace. Since I finished my HyVee Chinese food for lunch before the class, I refuled with a refreshing orange and banana to "offset" my lunch :)






Since I now had a few hours to relax at home before my training, I searched through the blog "Trading Up Downtown" to find some good dinner ideas. And I found it: Black Bean and Pineapple Enchiladas. I normally don't like heavy foods like this, but it sounded sooo good. And it turned out wonderful! I used whole wheat tortillas and was generous with the sauce! I will put the recipe under the "Food" section of my blog. You must try it out!






Back to work!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for commenting on my blog Life is so sweet. I haven't been writing over there for a while...maybe I should start again ;) Staying healthy and active in Omaha can be such a challenge, especially on days like today! I'm glad it's a rest day from workouts for me - the couch is so tempting and warm :)

    Your work with Americorps sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! You should start blogging again for sure! Today was my rest day for the week too, and I made several batches of cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete