Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookie Wednesday

Dear God.


I have committed the ultimate gym rat sin. I have taken today as my one rest day this week (MISSING BodyPump!) and made cookies. All. Evening. Long.


These were sooo yummy. And of course, I had to have FOUR to make sure they turned out alright. Quality control you know. :)

The two batches I made were Chocolate Tea Biscuits from "It Ain't Meat Babe" and Sweet Potato Oatmeal Raisin from a blog that I can't remember offhand! Sweet potato sounded interesting and I'm all about getting an extra veggie or two in my meal, so I tried it out.

So simple.

1 cup oats, 1/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup raisins, 1 cup mashed sweet potato, and 1/4 cup oil.


Preheat oven to 350 and mix all the ingredients together. Spray baking sheet with oil and portion cookies out (leave them in balls). Bake 20 minutes.

They are savory, wholesome, and perfect for cold winter evenings such as this one.

The chocolate biscuits were really just a last minute impulse. I was browsing through some British films on my computer and noticed "Love Actually." Jennifer from "It Ain't Meat" made some homemade vegan biscuits inspired by Hugh Grant and his tactless "who do you have to screw" comment. :) Mine weren't vegan but they were very good!

1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup quick cook oats
5 tbsp butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup milk


Mix flour, baking powder and salt together and add oats last. Using fingers, knead the mixture into a course texture. Add milk and sugar. Knead until well mixed and shape into an oval. Wrap in wax paper and leave in fridge for 30 minutes. 
Preheat oven to 375. Using a rolling pin, roll out mixture and use a medium size drinking glass to make several circle shapes in dough. Put on baking sheet with wax paper on top. Bake for 15 minutes. 




For the topping I melted chocolate chips and one spoonful of butter and spread it on top of the biscuits. But I have to say, the plan ones were fantastic as well! It was fun to make some new cookies during a crappy winter night. 


Now for tea and "Love Actually!" :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment