Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day OFF!

Hello all! I am so relieved to have today as my day off from work! It is not a day off from working out, but just work :) I slept in sooo late with my hubby when he came home from work and I don't feel guilty at all!
I also made some french press coffee and Double Shot Oatmeal from the blog "Healthy Tipping Point." Of course, as always,  I made my own modifications and it is delicious! Again, another iPhoto from a MacBook!


Notice I am in the same comfy sweater that I was wearing yesterday, only this time it is on backwards. I love sleeping in this thing! In the oatmeal was 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup water, 1 banana sliced, 1 heaping tablespoon of instant coffee. I also added a dash of caramel syrup and chopped pecans and peanuts. Throw the oats, milk and banana in a saucepan and heat until the liquid is gone and the banana starts to soften. Add the water and instant coffee, cook until it is all combined and the liquid is basically gone. Then scoop into a bowl and top with nuts and syrup. Though the recipe didn't call for it, I also added some chocolate chips to give it an instant sweetness on the tongue. :) Zumba at  3:30 today! I haven't been to a Zumba class in so long and am totally pumped!

Yesterday I ran a 10K at the gym! In under an hour! It was at a 9 minute mile pace the entire time except for a 10 minute half mile at the very beginning. I was only going to run a 5K but after 3 miles my legs felt really good and my body felt strong so I just went for it. After I was done though, I almost passed out since I hadn't eaten anything in a few hours. Note to self, always bring fuel! I was able to watch the last two quarters of the Nebraska vs. Oklahoma Big 12 game, which ended sadly but eh, who am I kidding, I don't really care all that much! :) I was able to enjoy a light dinner at Dario's with my friends Kate and Roberto. A cup of acorn squash and leek soup, a side of sauteed veggies and fresh, warm bread. Yum! I also had a Stella and a whiskey and hot apple cider at Brother's where we watched the game. However, I am old, or just tired. Or just whipped from chores and running over 6 miles, but I left the bar at 11:30 to come home and crawl into bed. I couldn't wait for sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment