Friday, November 5, 2010

Possible Stress Reliever...Why didn't I think of this before?

Good morning everyone, last night I had a breakthrough in my cooking. Banana bread. It may not sound too difficult to you folks who have been sustaining yourselves with things beyond sandwiches and veggies, but this was huge for me! And I believe cooking may be a way to relieve some stress. Last night I found out some disturbing news about one of my workplaces, and I was a bit freaked out about my future financial situation. Instead of doing my normal "drink a bottle of wine, cry all night, take it out on Jason" thing, I went straight to the store to pick up a few ingredients and got to work. I felt better during and after baking, and the end result was delicious. Plus my whole house smelled like fresh baked banana bread. It was a mellow and soothing way to put myself to bed! :)

Today should be another typical workday. I am again going to be working on my nonprofit project for most the day. Breakfast was a generous piece of my banana bread and a honey greek yogurt. I am currently waiting for the coffee to finish brewing, and then I can officially start my work. I have another recipe from "How Sweet It Is" that I want to try out, a homemade mac and cheese bake...mmmmm....I may do a run today as well since last night I opted for a romantic dinner for my anniversary rather than turbo kickboxing. I had a healthy dinner, so it was an even trade. :) Have a great morning everyone, more to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment