Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Poker, Kickboxing and Peanut Butter Oatmeal...Oh My!

Good evening everyone! I know I have been making these big grandiose statements about my long runs (7 miles today...didn't happen...) but I promise they will happen soon. I have about a week and a half before I start my job with the Americorps and have been taking advantage of my lax research assistant schedule. So the run did not happen today..alas...but kickboxing did, and boy did I get my butt handed to me. I have missed Ellen's turbo so much! I had no idea!! I ended the class out of breath, soaking wet and beaming. I know that I burned more calories and built up my stamina just as much if not more than a 7 mile run. Plus I haven't done it in a long time so my body hasn't plateaued...lovely! My arms were pretty sore today from yoga yesterday. I love working out!

Today was pretty laid back, I purchased a few new books from my favorite Goodwill on Pacific street. "When You Are Engulfed In Flames" by David Sedaris, and "Sex and the City" by Candace Bushnell. Grand total? Four dollars! A rather expensive buy for thrift stores I understand, but the Sedaris book is hardback and I just couldn't leave it there all by itself. The book reviews will follow! Jason also built a new poker table, and we had a game this evening. I actually stayed in longer than I thought I would, exciting for a novice!

My meals today were delicious! Breakfast was my trusty cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and an apple. Complete with a double espresso with calorie free caramel and milk. After Jason and I got done running around picking up the house, doing errands and getting the materials for his poker table, I was famished! We stopped by Noodles and Co. for lunch, a place I have not been for a long time. I tried the Bangkok Curry, and found it to hit the spot! It was a light coconut curry with rice noodles, black sesame and sauteed veggies. I fell in love with my veggies so much that I came home and steamed a bowl of stir fry veggies with curry, black pepper, sea salt, and olive oil. YUM! After my intense, incredible, rock your workout socks off turbo class, I had a Greek yogurt (PACKED with protein, and you should always eat protein no later than 30 minutes after a workout) with low-fat granola. I also had a giant pickle for a treat. I LOVE pickles! My post poker snack is oats with milk, brown sugar and peanut butter. It is super rich but completely yummy. I am still wanting another pickle, however....hmmm.

Goodnight everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment