Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cross Training and Anniversary Dinner!

Today was a very productive and relaxing day. The project went well today, I got plenty done and the day actually went pretty fast. I barely saw when it was lunch time! I had sauteed veggies and brown rice, along with a sweet potato. I topped everything with olive oil and pepper. A nice touch was some toasted coconut I threw on top of the concoction at the end of the sauteing. It gave a delicious, sweet flavor and yummy texture to the veggies without having to add butter or another fattening product. It also filled me up nicely, gave me plenty of energy to finish today's work. I finished the meal with some vanilla tea.


Since today is Jason and I's two year anniversary, I had just enough time to squeeze in a workout before a quick shower and a dinner date. I did Crossfit again for a weight training workout, and it was short and challenging. Every minute on the minute for 15 minutes, I "snatched" 65 pounds just once. During 30 seconds in between my snatches I alternated squats and lunges. It sounds easy but it was pretty tough! For those of you who do not know what Crossfit is, it is an Olympic weightlifting program that uses intense, short workouts to sculpt muscles and build stamina. Deadlifting, squatting, kettlebell and other moves and equipment are used quite often in this regimen. Check it out!


www.crossfit.com


After my workout, Jason and I headed up to Dario's to have a lovely anniversary dinner. I had salmon with sauteed veggies and spinach, Jason had the hanger steak and frites. For dessert, we had creme brulee. It was a lovely dinner to celebrate two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment