As we are coming down from wedding season, I wanted to share a little note as to why EVERYONE who is planning on getting married should elope. My husband Jason and I eloped in Jerusalem on March 15, 2009. It was an incredible experience, and we were able to combine the wedding and honeymoon in a beautiful location. I'm telling you, eloping is the only way to go.
|Jason and I the morning of our wedding day!|
|Why would you NOT want to get married in a place like this??|
1) Experience another country with your spouse. There is no other way to get to know one another than to be pushed outside your comfort zone with the person you love.
2) Save money on a wedding ceremony and buy plane tickets. Our tickets to Israel only set us back about $1,800, MUCH cheaper than anything at a wedding. Plus, we had plenty left over to explore the country with.
3) Enjoy your wedding day without the mad hustle of a traditional ceremony. I am very close to my family, but not once during the ceremony did I regret the way we decided to get married. Not having my family there was not a huge loss. My family completely understands my love for travel and the fact that I am not very traditional. Having their support while we had a once in a lifetime wedding was incredible!
4) IT IS SO EASY. We were able to live quite well for two weeks in Israel because of the strength of the dollar in currency.
5) Make lasting memories with your spouse. We explored every corner of the country, took a five hour bus ride across the desert, went to underground concerts in Tel Aviv, rented a car and drove to Haifa to explore gorgeous gardens, tucked a prayer in the Western Wall, and so much more. Believe me, it is worth the minimal hassle and have a unique wedding story and memories to last you forever.
What about you? Have you or do you know anyone who has eloped?
|Jason and I in Jerusalem|