Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beers and pasta=great run to make up for it!

Hello!! Today is so windy I had to do my 2 mile run indoors at the gym. I didn't mind, however, because I was able to keep track of my speed. I also have the sorest thighs on earth from my workout yesterday, so conquering Omaha's hills would not have happened! I also did ten minutes of abs using a variety of plank moves. It burned, but I kept up until failure...yoga is going to feel good tonight!

Yesterday was a cross training day, so I did pyramid squats of 135 pounds. Pyramid workouts are fantastic for building strength with many reps and in little time. This workout took me less than half an hour. You start with 1 rep, then do 2, then 3, and so on up until 8. Then you work down, 8 reps, 7 reps, 6 reps, etc. It may sound easy but it is brutal, especially since this was my first time using this much weight! I also do the pyramid workout with dead lifts and bench press.

Last night was great, I wish I would have had my camera to take some photos of the amazing food and beer I had at Dario's. Penne pomodoro (pasta with fresh mozzarella, basil and tomatoes) with an extra side of sauteed veggies tossed in. There were zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and fresh cheese. It was hot, delicious heaven! I also had a draft Stella. Tuesday night is half price draft beer night at Dario's, and considering our Belgian collection is incredible, it is a pretty great deal. After my dinner, I had a Trois Pistoles, a dark draft with a foamy head and a nutty, earthy taste. It was a delicious after dinner beer, and even better that I got to share happy hour with my co-workers. Throw in some of our delicious and hand cut pomme frites, and it was a pretty fantastic night of gastronomic delights!
Stella Artois

Trois Pistoles


(photos from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment