Friday, October 22, 2010

Hamstrings and Peanut Butter Cookies

Good evening! I have just finished making another amazing batch of Mama Pea's "Peanut Butter Cookies." These turned out so well on Wednesday that I decided to make another huge batch for my dad's birthday party tomorrow! The recipe is below!

I worked tonight at Dario's Brasserie in Dundee. For any readers who are in the Omaha area, PLEASE check this local restaurant out (4920 Underwood Ave.) Local meats, produce, 80 Belgian beers, and a genuine Bosnian genius in the kitchen make this place a must for anyone looking to have a great dinner experience! I love seeing how satisfied people are when they get done with a meal at Dario's. I was so inspired that after my shift I had a cheese plate and a Stella to celebrate! :)

As for a workout today, I rode my bike to school and was preparing for a long bike ride when my hamstring tightened up so abruptly it felt as though someone had me by the marionette strings! OUCH! I decided to take today as my one rest day this week (minus the few miles on the bike) in order to prepare for my 6 mile run tomorrow. I have saved my last apple for a peanut butter and apple wrap tomorrow morning before the run. It is only my second time running this distance, so wish me luck!

Please please make these incredibly easy cookies, they are soooo delicious! Here is the recipe straight from Mama Pea's blog:
http://peasandthankyou.com/2010/10/19/dont-make-me-turn-this-day-around/


Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes 20-24 cookies
  • 1 1/4 c. whole wheat pastry flour
  • 3/4 t. baking soda
  • 1 t. baking powder
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 1/2 c. vegan margarine (i.e. Earth Balance)
  • 1 c. natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 c. organic sugar
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. non-dairy or organic milk
  • 1 t. vanilla
For sprinkling:
  • 1 T. organic sugar
  • 1 T. coarse ground sea salt

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.
Beat together margarine and peanut butter.
Add sugars, milk and vanilla and mix. 
Add in dry ingredients and mix. 
Drop dough by spoonful onto a cookie sheet and press into a cookie, then cross with a fork.
Sprinkle the cookie with the sprinkling and bake at 350 for about 13-14 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment