Thursday, October 21, 2010

Feeling full...



Today started off great! Breakfast was a delicious breakfast cookie, typically served after it has been in the fridge overnight, but I ate it an hour after I put it together. Whole oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, milk, dried cranberries and Cadbury chocolate straight from England. Yum! I am trying not to waste so much coffee anymore so I reheated a pot made yesterday. Tasted just as good after I put a little milk in it! 

After breakfast I went for a two-mile hike to campus to have lunch with my good friend Jean. Since I had already eaten a filling breakfast just two hours before, I took some Salt and Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas and Greek honey yogurt. A bottle of water made the walk and lunch very refreshing! We sat outside and enjoyed the perfect fall weather. The weather has been amazing here, making being active outdoors fun and necessary. 

After I came back home  I promptly put collars on our cats and sat outside with them and read a bit of my newest book, “Born Standing Up” by Steve Martin. I didn’t get too far into it because I had to constantly run after my cats to make sure they didn’t go into the street. It is too gorgeous outside not to let them enjoy the weather as well!

Before I knew it, lunchtime rolled around! I boiled two small potatoes and sautéed some Italian style veggies and sardines. I threw some rosemary and olive oil on the concoction and voila! A delicious and healthy lunch! The sardines have a perfect, earthy flavor that was complimented by the sting of the onions and the softness of the potatoes. Good thing it was so filling, because in two and a half hours I have a brutal (but fun!) turbo kickboxing class to attend at 24 Hour Fitness. Can’t wait!

My running schedule has been great all week! I have had three running days so far this week (one on the treadmill, two outside). Sunday’s elliptical/treadmill workout was more of a rut breaker than anything. I can’t remember the last time I used the elliptical but it was a nice change of pace. Total miles were about 3. Plus it was rather late when I finally got to the gym, and therefore too dark to run outside. Monday was a four-mile run, and Wednesday was a two-mile run, both outdoors. My times were pretty good (43 minutes for four miles, 15 for two), but I know I can up my game. Plenty of time! I am gearing up for a long run on Saturday (6 miles!) and am excited to see how I feel afterwards. That is one of my favorite things about running. Even though it hurts and may suck during the actual run, the way I feel afterwards (for the rest of the day!) is worth the pain. For cross training on Tuesday I did a pyramid style dead lifting set (138 pounds). Even though I only go up to 8, I am so stiff and sore the next day that I know I did something right! Turbo kick tonight will hopefully stretch me out a bit.

Today was not very productive from a work point of view, but it was a lovely, relaxing day. The weather was too perfect to spend much time indoors anyways. After my lunch I got a nap and some cuddle time in with Jason before I forced myself out of bed and to the gym. Tomorrow feels like a yoga day, and an early yoga day since I have to work at 4:30. I need to pick up some bananas to make a peanut butter and banana wrap before my 6 mile run on Saturday morning!

As I figured it would be, kickboxing was great! I still felt pretty full from my lunch however, so I think I may need to take it down a notch next Thursday. I started to feel pretty sluggish by the end of the workout. I came home to my hubby running out the door for work, and my kitties wanting some love. My post-workout snack was a great fruit smoothie. Blackberries, one banana, one apple, honey, orange juice and milk. Super yummy! Smoothies are a great way to revamp after an intense workout when you just don’t feel like eating anything heavy. I also had one small cookie from my batch of homemade Peanut Butter Cookies. Heading to bed soon, my cats are already waiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment