Thursday, January 20, 2011

Eggplant Lasagna and Running

Good evening! The snow has been falling regularly here in Omaha. Some of it is pretty. Some of it sucks.


The sucky part of it is that I can't run outside. I just don't trust the sidewalks to not be icy and treacherous. But I am not getting a break at all from my running! Yesterday I ran 5 miles in 45:11 minutes. That is about a 9:02 minute mile pace. I feel pretty good about the time. I think my 12k will be very successful!

And now food!! I have been eating a lot of eggs lately for dinner. I don't know what it is about eggs, but they just work for both filling me up and tasting savory and delicious.

Over hard eggs with a piece of whole wheat toast with natural blackberry jam. Served with a side of steamed cauliflower and chickpeas. 

Over hard eggs with a whole wheat mini bagel with blackberry jam and steamed brussels sprouts with sea salt and olive oil.

The bottom photo is what I had tonight. I love brussels sprouts with eggs! The nutty, almost meaty taste of the foods work so well together. Great refill fuel from long runs and Bodypump!

I also made an eggplant lasagna last night.


Hell yes. That is melted ricotta and cheddar cheese on top of the mixture. It also had whole wheat lasagna noodles, diced tomatoes, smoked mozzarella, ricotta, basil and red pepper. Holy yum. I also sauteed brussels sprouts, red potato, onion, cauliflower and broccoli. I also threw some honey on top of the mixture while it was roasting.

And yes I did finish the entire pan of veggies. I have no control when it comes to these bad boys. :)

Off to a neighborhood association meeting tonight. I am speaking about the Neighborhood Scan program that my organization offers communities who need an extra boost bringing houses up to code. Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment