Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Chaos...

...thank God for Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss! I had two while I was cleaning and baking this evening. Actually, Hubby did most of the baking. He made two gorgeous pies, an apple and pear pie with almonds and a strawberry and grape pie, also with almonds. They smelled great and I was tempted to eat one before our drive to Alliance! He also made two pans of brownies, luckily one was to take to work. I also made some "30 Minute Fudge" from the blog "How Sweet it Is." It was so simple:

*1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
*1/2 cup condensed milk (I used fat free)
*1/4 cup peanut butter
*1 teaspoon water

Mix all the ingredients and stick them in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the mixture is smooth. Cover and put in the fridge, and there is your fudge! The blog says 30 minutes, but I am leaving mine overnight for some great road trip eats! The munchie list for our 6 hour drive is as follows:

*Brownies
*Fudge
*Apples
*Prunes/Cashews
*Kettle Chips
*And whatever else I can find!

Today I was able to work from home, so I didn't feel as overwhelmed with all the things I had to get done today. First thing in the morning I got laundry and dishes going, and began working on my VISTA timeline for my supervisor. I wanted to get it just perfect so it took me most of the morning, particularly because it is for an entire year. I then hopped in the car, ran some errands, to the store, and to the gym for a 5K run. I did the run in roughly 30 minutes! I was really pleased with the time, hopefully I can keep that pace and build up to an acceptable half marathon time. It gave me plenty of energy to tackle some more items on my list.

The laundry is almost done. The dishes are on their last run. The fudge is setting, my house is clean and my kitties are sleeping. I am due for a shower and then hopefully bed before midnight! I will leave you with an awesome photo from an early morning drive Jason and I took.



Have a great Thanksgiving all!

No comments:

Post a Comment